Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016... The year I learned to TRUST.

In 2013 a song came out called, Oceans by Hillsong. The moment I heard this song I fell in love with it like many others. The words, the truth and the proclamation behind this song was something I wanted to live out in my life. Throughout 2013- 2015 I often heard this song, sang it at church or saw quotes referring to it.  Those moments would ring truth, stir up my heart but I would continue to pray and ask God to do just what those words said… Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders. The word in that line I held onto was TRUST.  I wanted to trust but always had a problem with it.  

Let me walk upon the waters wherever you would call me. 
Take me deep then my feet could ever wonder 
And my faith would be made stronger 
In the presence of my Savior

Around May 2015 this song took on a new meaning in my life.  I was at church one Sunday singing the very same song, when I was brought to tears.  I knew I was able to love without borders but my heart yearned for those truths that I sang about to come true.  I wanted to trust Him fully even if it meant stepping out of the boat or onto an unfamiliar path.  Fast forward to November 2015 when I met Troy and Tara Livesay… I immediately fell in love with this family.  As I visited with both of them my heart felt free, open and called to go to Haiti.  As my move date to Haiti approached this song continued to show up and began to reach more depths of my heart. This next chapter was going to call me to trust without limits.  I was going to a third world country where things would be different.  So I begin praying and asking God to make these words truth.  

So I will call upon your name.  
Keep my eyes above the waves. 
My soul will rest in your embrace. 
I am Yours and you are mine. 

So after that long explanation that is what my 2016 has been about.  Each of those verses rings truth to me.  I never in a million years would have thought a little single Texas girl like me would have packed up and moved to Haiti.  But through it all God made this possible and without me trusting Him I wouldn’t still be there  So as I wrap up 2016 my heart is thankful. I am thankful for following a call that I never thought would be possible, I am thankful that through the good days and bad days my God is still with me, I am thankful that he has taken me deeper than I could have ever wandered and my spiritual walk has been made stronger.  My heart is also overwhelmed by my family and friends.  You all have prayed for me, supported me and loved me from afar.   A year ago many of you thought I would was crazy, many of you were scared for me and many of you rallied in prayer for me. My biggest blessing in Haiti are my job and my friends.  It is amazing to see how God has brought certain friends into my life there.  We are able to support and love each other while dealing with the "this is Haiti" lifestyle.  However, teaching Isaac, Hope, Noah, Phoebe and Lydia everyday has and continues to be amazing.  While I may be missing some of my favorite kiddos at home these 5 have taught me more than most of my adults friends.  We have had good days, bad days, sad days and over it days.  We have gone through traffic for 6 hours, trips to the beach, no power for nights and shared many fun meals.  Some of my most treasured memories and lessons from this year are from these adventures.  Each of these kids is a unique gift from God.  I love learning with them,  growing with them  and I am forever thankful God has called me here for this season.


With all that said…. When I started this blog over year ago I knew it would be a lot to keep up with but a great way to process my thoughts of being in Haiti.  I proofread every post about 10 times because I have never been the best writer but thanks for sticking with me and hearing how God continues to move and work in Haiti and through me.  I am not sure what adventures God will lead me through in 2017 but I am ready. Father thank you for bringing me to Haiti and letting me know what it means to be called out upon the water.  For this I am thankful. 





If you feel lead to continue to help me you can donate to my go fund me at the following link. 

No comments:

Post a Comment