Friday, April 29, 2016

Visit Home and My Future Plans

It's been a while since I wrote a blog so I thought I would just clue you in on life and what's been happening.  Life in Haiti is still Bon.  (That's GOOD in Kreyol). I am constantly amazed at how much God is teaching me here and the different ways he uses things to get my attention.  This time has been more than I could have ever imagined.  
A week and half ago I made my first trip back to the States since I left in January.  The day I landed marked 100 days since I had been gone.  It was a great trip but such a whirlwind.  It's funny how when you hit the ground in America you snap back into go mode. I loved getting to hug my family and friends and of course eat Chick-Fil-A.  The main reason for my trip home was to celebrate the wedding of one of my sweetest, dear friends Blair.  Blair and I have been in each other's life for over 16 years and I think of her as a sister. I loved being apart of the #dicksonduo and celebrating this new chapter in their lives.  Then just like that after 5 quick days oh and one flood day I was back to Haiti.




We have 6 weeks of school left and then we are on Summer Break!  It's fun to see how much these kiddos have grown since January.  They continually amaze me at their work ethic, creativity and love for each other.  I feel like I am constantly learning from them and for that I am blessed.  Being apart of their education and journey has taught me so much.  

In other news, I am sure many of you are wondering what I will do when I come home for the Summer and next year so with that said I will be coming back to HAITI!  I have decided to continue teaching in Haiti for September 2016- June 2017.  I am excited about the year ahead and look forward to new fun things.  I will be home this Summer for two full months so I will have plenty of time for family, friends and fun.  With that being said I wanted to leave you with a few prayer request or things to be sending me good vibes on: 
1). While home this Summer I will be able to make money to support my bills and expenses over those two months.
2). The support I need for the Fall and Spring in Haiti will start to fall into place and work out. 
3).  I will use my time wisely and prepare for the semester ahead with lesson plans and projects.  

Thanks for walking on this journey with me!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats beautiful Page! I'm so proud of you & can't wait for you to come home so I can give you a big hug. Love you sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete